Academic scholarships are for:
- Aspiring students who are not yet in school;
- Current full- or part-time students at any community college, four-year college or university in the U.S.; and,
- Undergraduate or graduate students working toward an associate’s, bachelor’s, or higher degree at any college or university in the U.S.
Several scholarships will be awarded in amounts up to $5,000 each.
Scholarships can be used for tuition, school fees, books, school supplies, room, and board. Scholarships are typically awarded for a one-year period. Past applicants and past winners may apply again. Applicants are eligible for up to two AHBA scholarship awards.
A Selection Committee will choose academic scholarship winners based on:
- Background information about the applicant’s personal, educational, and other experiences;
- The applicant’s motivation, character, ability, and potential;
- The applicant’s financial need;
- Past educational performance, if applicable; and,
- Recent personal and professional letters of recommendations.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.